Pharmacia Biotech Streamline 20 x 93 Column/Stand (rolling cart not included)
STREAMLINE™ is a range of columns and adsorbents especially designed for expanded bed adsorption (EBA). In this unit operation, proteins are recovered directly from crude feedstock in a single pass operation, without the need for prior clarification.
- Novel design of the liquid distribution system for expanded bed adsorption.
- Hydraulic operation of adapter for expanded bed mode and sedimented bed mode.
- Use with a range of crude starting materials.
STREAMLINE™ columns give stable expanded beds with STREAMLINE™ adsorbents. This is achieved through the novel design of both the adsorbent particles and the liquid distributor at the base of the column. Stable expanded beds are attainable at flow velocities between 200 and 400 cm/h. The adapter is moved hydraulically for both bed expansion and sedimentation. By pumping liquid into the compartment above the adapter plate, the adapter is moved downwards. By pumping liquid upwards through the column, the liquid in the compartment is expelled and the adapter moves upwards. During operation the pressure in STREAMLINE™ columns is low, normally under 50 kPa (0.5 bar).
- Height: 50 in.
- Width: 17in , Stand legs extend 9.25in from center
- Comes with 1 set of fittings pre-assembled
- Manufacturer: Pharmacia